- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Neurodevelopmental Disabilities, Fellowship Trained
- Member, Society for Developmental Pediatrics
- Member, Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs
- 1999- Completed Fellowship training in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities at Johns Hopkins University/ Kennedy Krieger Institute
- 1991, 1999, 2005, 2016 - American Board of Pediatrics
- 1988 - National Board of Medical Examinations
- 2007 - National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology
- 1991, 2001 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- 1992, 2001 - Neonatal Advanced Life Support
- 1991, 2001 - Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- 1997-1999 - National Research Service Award in Neuroscience
- 1982 - Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society
- 1983 - Chemistry Honor Society
- 1978 - College scholarship in Oboe performance at Stetson University
- 2012 -Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs
- 1995 - Kennedy Fellows Association
Clinic For Special ChildrenLearn More About The Clinic For Special Children→ Our vision at the Clinic for Special Children is to improve the quality of children’s lives by providing the resources for accurate diagnosis and comprehensive holistic treatments for a wide variety of developmental disorders. An integral part of that vision is educating parents and extended family on the sundry of whole child healing protocols that Dr. Harum has created over the past 20 years. With epidemic numbers of children being diagnosed with learning disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorders, Vibrant Children was launched in 2012 as a international outreach program to educate and train parents and families raising children that have been diagnosed with these developmental disabilities. For more information: Learn More About Vibrant Children →
Vibrant Children is an international outreach program to teach and train families on proven strategies to heal & manage ADD, ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Vibrant Childrenʼs treatment protocols were developed by Dr. Karen Harum, MD, FAAP, Diplomate Neurodevelopmental Pediatrics. She is one of the fieldʼs top experts on childhood development and special needs children. Over the past 20 years she has accumulated a wealth of information on specific treatments that really work and support the whole child. One of the primary goals in her private practice is getting an accurate diagnosis. She sees many patients that have not been properly diagnosed, leading to an ineffective treatment program, pharmaceutical band-aid approach and inevitably resulting in hurt and frustration felt by the child and family.
With global epidemic numbers of children being diagnosed with learning disabilities and autism spectrum disorders, Dr. Karen Harum and the staff here at Vibrant Children launched an educational training program in the format of a Video Blog and monthly Free Live Webinars. This is the greatest way we can reach the most people in an incredibly short period of time and offer healing to these precious children and families. Join forces to heal our children, nation & world!
Learn More About Vibrant Children →
Sign up to receive Dr.Karen’s weekly Blog Post
No one has yet fully realized the wealth of sympathy, kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure